How to do firmware update?
- Prepare a Micro USB cable and a Windows/MAC computer
- Download the firmware below.
- Unzip the file.
- Connect the adapter to your computer and a new drive will appear (like any portable drive). Copy and paste the file you unzipped into the drive. Do NOT need to remove the original file.
- Eject the drive (VERY important step)
- Unplug the USB cable and the upgrade is completed.
– Fix error in EXIF reading
– Fix AF stuck in video mode shooting
– Fix occasion camera freeze during camera start
– Fix the adapter malfunction when shutter is pressed during bayonet retraction when camera starts
– Improve AF experience by reducing the unnecessary extension and retraction
– Fix the premature ending when shooting video on certain framerate
If you are experience some frequent focus hunting /focus-off cases, we recommended you to use this calibration tool to further improve the adapter. Please follow below steps closely to run the calibration.
- Download the Calibration tool file and the latest firmware file
- Unzip the Calibration tool file.
- Set your camera ‘Standby timer’ to 10 min. (Custom Settings Menu -> c3 -> Standby timer)
- Connect the adapter to your computer and a new drive will appear (like any portable drive). Copy and paste the calibration tool file you unzipped into the drive. Do NOT need to remove the original file.
- Eject the drive, disconnect the cables and mount your Megadap adapter & lens onto the camera
- Switch on the camera and the adapter bayonet should start motor in and out
- Let it run for 5 minutes and then switch off the camera
- Connect the adapter to your computer again. Copy and paste the unzipped firmware file into the drive. Do NOT need to remove the original file.
- Eject the drive and you are good.